Thursday 4 February 2010

Olivença

This was a magical place for me! Me and Leggra were really treated like part of a family here. Our friend´s (from Itacare) friend owned a bar with his wife and every night me and Leggra were invited to eat dinner with them and the rest of the staff. Dinner ranged from Sushi to Seafood Spagetti to Chicken Strogonof which we all would eat on the beach or in the bar (which was on the beach). Every evening live music would play at the bar and people would come to dance foro, eat, drink and chat. I had a go a foro myself and love it- it´s a really fun style of dance and the music is beautiful.

On our second night in Olivença, it was the full moon. We all sat on the decking of the bar and together watched the moon rise up out of the sea- it was stunning and so wonderful to share the experience with our new friends. That night I learned to make caiparinha (the brazillian cocktail), stayed dancing till the early hours and walked along the beach to watch the sunrise before heading home for some well deserved sleep.

The next day we´d been invited to a bbq with some people we met in the bar, so we turned up and got given the most amazing meats, salad and even mango caipiroska (best I´ve ever tasted). It was really nice to hang out with some locals and they had really funky brazillian music playing as they cooked- we loved it.

I was so sad to leave Olivença and my new adopted brazillian family. There were absoloutly no gringos in the little villiage of Olivença, only hanging out with locals taught me so much about Brazil´s culture and I really think it helped improved my portuguesse alot.

3 comments:

  1. Bet you're glad you're not vegetarian any more !!!! I can smell your BBQ.....
    Lots of hugs and kisses Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds so amazing!! Love you girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sasha,
    Wow what an amazing time you had, it reminds me of my travels around the world, you are having so much fun, go for it girl.

    ReplyDelete